Dog Veterinarians Who Really Care
At Veterinary Village , our approach to canine veterinary medicine revolves around a comprehensive, competent and compassionate care program, aimed at ensuring the highest quality of life for your dog. Perhaps the greatest measure of our success is found in our many happy patients and kind words from our clients. We value the long term relationship we have with many of our clients. Through good communication and trust, we have built so many great relationships with our clients which allow us to partner with our clients to provide the best care for their dog.
Veterinary Village offers preventative health care as well as advanced diagnostic and surgical services. Our commitment to quality service has led our dog care clinic to become well known and respected throughout the veterinary industry.
We Support Every Stage Of Your Dog's Life
As your canine friend grows, they will move through six distinct stages of life:
- Puppy: 0-6 months
- Junior: 7 months - 2 years
- Prime: 3 - 6 years
- Mature: 7 - 9 years
- Senior: 10 - 12 years
- Geriatric: 13+ years
Some of these stages can vary in length depending on the breed of dog. The very large and giant breeds tend to live shorter lives and are considered senior or geriatric at 9+ years. The smaller and toy breeds live much longer lives and can very easily live to 15+ years.
Naturally, as a dog grows and progresses through life, it will undergo physiological changes and face a variety of life events that will require care and attention. From puppy care to geriatric dog medicine, consistent preventive care can make all the difference in the quality of life of your dog. Ultimately your dog's health will impact your relationship with them.
An Emphasis On Dog Nutrition
At Veterinary Village you will find that our veterinarians and staff place an emphasis on the importance of proper nutrition for all phases of your dog's life. Whether your dog is a puppy, adolescent, adult or senior, each stage of a dog's life comes with some special nutritional considerations.
Our veterinarians are here to help you understand your dog's nutritional needs, including:
- The best canned or kibble diet for the breed, age and activity level
- Items ok to add to your dog's food - ie some cooked veggies
- Healthy dog snacks
- What to avoid feeding your dog
We can also help create a custom dog nutrition program taking into consideration things like breed, age, size, physical fitness, allergies, and medical conditions. As with humans, proper dog nutrition can be both preventive and sometimes curative, as a balanced diet is essential for both supporting and maintaining optimal health. Of course, your dog cannot choose his or her own diet, and therefore the burden of making good health choices is on you. Understanding the nutritional needs of your dog is an important part of your responsibility to ensure they lead a healthy and happy life for many years to come.
Dog Surgery Options When Necessary
An important aspect of operating a dog hospital is being fully equipped and prepared to perform dog surgery for all kinds of situations. We realize that no one wants to think about their dog needing surgery, however, if such an unfortunate situation arises, rest assured that Veterinary Village is well prepared to guide you and your dog through:
- Pre-Surgery Protocols
- Surgical Procedures
- Post-op pain management and nursing care
A Comprehensive Approach To Canine Veterinary Medicine
At Veterinary Village we understand that a dog veterinarian is only as good as his or her ability to successfully prevent, diagnose and treat whatever ailment a dog may be facing. Equally as important is our ability to listen and communicate well with owners to make sure they understand their dog's health concerns and how to make the best choices for their dog. This is why our dog hospital is capable of handling any procedure including preventive care, medical diagnosis, and surgery.
We specialize in the following dog health services for dogs of all ages, breeds, and circumstances, including:
- Annual Wellness Exams: A cornerstone of preventive care, semi-annual wellness exams help prolong life by allowing health issues to be identified and addressed early
- Anesthesia: We have the facilities, equipment, medicine, and knowledge to ensure your dog stays as safe as possible while under anesthesia
- Behavior Services: Your dog's behavior is not completely genetically inherent, but can be learned and unlearned with your commitment and our help
- Dental Care: Our knowledge and dental experience can help prevent and treat your dog's dental conditions, including periodontal disease
- Dermatology: Our expertise means diagnosing and treating your dog's skin conditions before they become something more than skin deep
- Diagnostic Imaging: Diagnostic imaging allows our veterinarians to diagnose illness, disease and other problems in order to prescribe the proper treatment
- Emergency Care: We are able to manage emergency care your dog may need during our office hours
- Flea & Tick: We employ various safe and effective preventive or flea & tick treatment methods for your dog's health and comfort
- Heartworm Prevention: We specialize in heartworm education and medical prevention, as well as treatment for your dog
- Laboratory Tests: Our in-house laboratory testing services mean faster and more accurate diagnostics or treatment for your dog
- Laser Therapy: We are able to customize our pain protocols to include a laser for arthritis, other inflammatory conditions, and postoperative pain control
- Microchip ID: Our professional microchip ID services can help identify your dog in case he or she ever gets lost, stolen or separated from you
- Nutrition: Our nutrition education, awareness, and dietary intervention programs can help ensure your dog stays healthy and fit
- Pain Management: We specialize in customized, effective and compassionate pain management for your dog regardless of age, ability or condition
- Parasite Prevention and Treatment: Prevention and early detection are paramount to survival for some types of parasitic infections
- Pregnancy: Our extensive experience can help your dog have a successful pregnancy, as well as a happy, healthy litter of puppies
- Preventive Care: Our comprehensive preventive care program helps you make sure your dog remains healthy and well year round
- Puppy Care: We will partner with you to make sure your puppy has the best care and you have all the information our need to care for your new family member
- Senior Care: Our comprehensive senior care protocols and procedures helps you to help your dog age gracefully, healthily and happily
- Spay or Neuter: Our refined pre-surgical, surgical and post-op care will provide your dog with the safest and most comfortable surgical procedure
- Surgery: Our facilities, expert surgeons and technicians will make sure your dog is cared for before, during and after surgery
- Vaccinations: Our veterinarians and techs will customize vaccination protocols that account for your dog's age, medical history, environment, travel habits, and lifestyle
A Commitment To Quality And Empathy In Veterinary Care For Dogs
Our veterinarians, technicians, assistants and front staff work together to provide both you and your dog with a compassionate and professional experience. From the initial phone call, it is our goal to make sure you feel that your concerns are addressed, you are well informed, and that your dog receives the best care.
Extended Hours And Emergency Dog Care
Typically dogs don't RSVP for a veterinary emergency. Therefore, our dog care clinic keeps extended hours.
Our Lobby Hours:
- Monday - Thursday: 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Friday & Saturday: 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Sunday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Our Doctor Hours (appointments by request):
- Monday - Thursday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Friday-Saturday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Sunday: Noon - 5:00 pm
If you need veterinary care after 6:00pm Monday-Thursday or after 5:00pm Friday-Sunday, please still call us at (920) 269-4072 as our answering service, GuardianVets, is staffed with a Certified Vet Tech or a Veterinarian and can help you decide if you need to go to a 24-hour emergency clinic.
Make An Appointment With Veterinary Village Today
Scheduling an appointment with one of our dog vets is as easy as picking up the phone, or sending us an email. Our staff is here to help make your trip to the vet as easy as possible for you, and enjoyable for your canine companion.
Our pet hospital offers the following services for dogs of all breeds, ages, medical conditions and lifestyles:
Dog Health Services
- Annual Wellness Exams
- Dental Care
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Eye Care
- Flea & Tick Prevention
- Heartworm Prevention
- Illnesses and Disease
- Laboratory Testing
- Laser Therapy
- Microchip ID
- Neuter or Vasectomy
- Pain Management
- Preventative Care
- Puppy Care
- Senior Care
- Spay or Ovary Sparing Spay